We are currently recruiting for an Area Coordinator to deliver training in the Highlands and Islands.
As part of our training programme to support and develop the use of the SCHOLAR materials, we wish to recruit a consultant to work closely with the Highlands and Islands Local Authority representatives to identify the needs and priorities for their schools.
As an Area Coordinator, you will be required to deliver training for staff and students in the effective use of SCHOLAR – this can be delivered in a number of ways in order to suit individual requirements. Options include face-to-face presentations and hands-on training as well as remote sessions and attending parents’ and other meetings. The consultancy work is part-time, term-time only and the schedule is flexible to suit.
Area Coordinators are required to:
- work independently;
- proactively seek events within their Local Authority;
- create their own schedule on a month by month basis;
- be the initial point of contact for Local Authorities and schools;
- promote SCHOLAR news, activities and events on social media platforms;
- engage with others in the SCHOLAR team to help develop and improve SCHOLAR.
Applicants should have:
- excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
- experience of teaching and/or managing in the Scottish school environment;
- experience of using or managing the use of SCHOLAR;
- excellent IT skills;
- sufficient time available to commit to the requirements listed above.
If you are interested in contributing to SCHOLAR and wish to be part of our team, please contact Mike Falconer (email@example.com) providing contact details and a brief outline of experience relevant to the post.